Warranty defects. FELCO guarantees to the end purchaser that the product at the time of purchase is free from material and workmanship defects (hereinafter called “Defects”), subject to the terms and conditions and restrictions of this warranty.
Tool warranty period. FELCO guarantees that the product is free from Defects for twelve (12) months following the date of purchase of the tool. Any Defects in the blades, counter-blades or parts supplied in the maintenance kit shall be covered by the warranty, providing the tool is used normally. The warranty period is limited to twelve (12) months. No claim may be made after that time. The buyer shall report the Defect within twelve (12) months of the date of purchase and provide a copy of the purchase invoice.
Extension of tool warranty. The Tool warranty period may be extended twice by twelve (12) months, providing the tool is serviced at least once by an authorised FELCO repairer or reseller during the previous warranty period or twelve (12) month extension period. Warranty extension does not apply to blades or counter-blades, these are considered consumable products. Servicing and maintenance must be carried out in accordance with the instructions in the tool operating manual. The costs of servicing and maintenance shall be paid by the buyer.
Battery, Charger and Power Pack Warranty Period. FELCO guarantees that the products are free from Defects for twenty-four (24) months following the date of purchase of the product. The warranty period is limited to twenty-four (24) months. No claim may be made after that time. The buyer shall report the Defect within twenty-four (24) months of the date of purchase and provide a copy of the purchase invoice.
Cover offered by the warranty. FELCO agrees that it shall, at its discretion, repair or replace the defective product or parts necessary to remedy the material or workmanship Defects if the Defects are accepted by FELCO after inspection. Repair or replacement of the defective product or parts shall not interrupt or cause a new warranty period or extension of warranty to apply to the product or parts replaced. The warranty shall cover the labour costs incurred to repair the product or replace defective parts. Travel and transport costs shall be paid by the buyer. No reduction or refund of the purchase price of the product may be claimed.
Pruning warranty. The pruning warranty is available only in the region defined restrictively in the Tool Warranty section and during the Tool Warranty period, including its extension. If the Tool cannot be repaired within 48 hours of delivery of the defective Tool, FELCO shall use its best efforts to make a replacement tool available to the end purchaser for use during the repair within that 48-hour period. The 48-hour time limit shall apply outside public holidays and weekends. FELCO shall endeavour to make available a tool similar in functional terms to the one purchased, subject to availability. The end purchaser undertakes to return the replacement tool in good condition upon receipt of the repaired Tool.
Limitation and exclusion of warranty. This manufacturer’s warranty shall not apply:
- in the event of abnormal, inappropriate or non-compliant use of the product, improper treatment, work on the product, improper transport or storage;
- in the event of failure to maintain and service in accordance with the instructions described in the product’s user manual;
- in the event of incorrect intervention, repair or maintenance, including the use of non-original parts or accessories;
- in the event of corrosion of the metal parts of the product resulting from improper use, lack of maintenance, exposure to moisture or chemical or corrosive substances;
- in the event of the use of parts or accessories of another origin or when the product sold has been processed or modiﬁed;
- for the battery, if the number of recharges exceeds 600, if the charging and operating temperatures are not observed or if the battery is deeply discharged;
- in the event of total or partial destruction of the product that is not due to a Defect or in the event of damage resulting from an accident, natural disaster or fire;
- in the event of loss or damage to the tool software or information collected by the tool, including third-party applications, viruses, bugs, malware or other interference;
- in case of force majeure.
FELCO cannot be held liable for any direct or indirect, material or immaterial damage or loss, loss of profits or the like of any kind whatsoever, resulting from the use or unavailability of the product.
Applicable law and jurisdiction. This warranty shall be governed exclusively by Swiss law. Any dispute shall be brought exclusively before the ordinary courts of the Canton of Neuchâtel, Switzerland. The language of the proceedings and the exchange between FELCO and the buyer shall be French.
This contractual warranty shall not affect the seller’s legal warranty obligations under applicable legislation. FELCO power tools are intended for professionals. Consumers may claim extended warranty rights against the seller in their country of residence; this warranty does not purport to affect such rights.
The warranty on your product will be activated when the sale is registered with FELCO. That process may be carried out by your reseller at the time of purchase.