Les Geneveys-sur-Coffrane (March 2016) - FELCO extends its product range with the release of two new models of curved pull-stroke saws. Whether they are used in arboriculture, landscaping, parks and gardens or forestry, the new saws from FELCO will make work easier and more effective while sawing green wood. These two models are designed using the best processes, so as to meet the needs of the most demanding users. The global leader of pruning and cutting tools for professional users has just set a new standard for efficient, high-quality, durable and usable tools.
The two new saws both have pull-stroke blades, with different lengths: 270 mm as regards FELCO 640, 330 mm as regards FELCO 630. Perfect and fast sawing, effective removal of sawdust, user comfort and long life are some of the features of the new saws.
- Optimum tooth geometry to remove large quantities of chips, maintaining effectiveness and preventing jamming. The concave shape of the blade keeps the saw from locking when it is used. The blade is made of high-quality corrosion-resistant chromium-plated steel.
- Reinforced tooth tips thanks to pulsed heat treatment. This treatment makes the teeth stronger, harder and sharper, and trebles the life of the blade.
- Ergonomic handle with soft and comfortable coating that make it easy to grasp and keeps it snugly in hand when the conditions are moist and/or cold. The combination of the characteristics of the handle and the shape of the blade allows excellent vibration absorption.
- The stop at the end of the blade stops the saw escaping.
- The saw is securely held in its sheath to offer more safety. With an innovative fastening system, the saw is removed by merely pressing down with the thumb. A strap (supplied) makes it possible to fix the saw to the leg.
"FELCO has developed new curved saws to address the needs of professional users in fields such as arboriculture or maintenance of green spaces, where the speed, quality and efficiency of sawing are essential. These two new saws will also appeal to demanding private users", stresses Stephan Kopietzki, Sales Manager of FELCO.
"Based on discussions in the field and feedback from professionals across the world, the R&D team have optimised the development of FELCO 630 and FELCO 640. Using the most advanced technology and patented new features, these saws will make work easier and offer maximum comfort. What is more, the innovative system for fixing the saw in its sheath makes it safer while moving around" adds Denis Tièche, R&D Director of FELCO, with much enthusiasm.