FELCO 8 + FELCO 701XL
One-Hand Pruning Shear - High Performance - Ergonomic
13 Gauge HPPE Workwear Gloves Knitted w/ Nitrile Coating, Red & Black
The high degree of comfort you will experience from these pruning shears / secateurs comes from the exceptional ergonomics explicit in the FELCO design. The angled cutting head safely prevents the tool slipping in your hand, while ensuring that the FELCO 8 effectively becomes a part of you - to deliver ease of use, comfort that is immediately evident, along with less likelihood of muscle fatigue early on in your pruning tasks. The comfortable feel is reinforced by the rubber shock absorbers which contribute in reducing the cutting strain on your wrists, along with a handle shape which specifically optimises the force you are able to apply to your chosen cut. The precision setting mechanism also makes it possible to adjust the cutting head as you require.
Highly resistant to abrasion and tearing, FELCO 701 gloves are made from 13-gauge HPPE (high performance polyethylene) fibre.
The “gauge” refers to the thickness of the weave, its value expressing the number of stitches per 2.5 cm of glove. Thus, 13-gauge gloves like FELCO 701 are finely woven, which increases the density and thus the tightness of the knitted fabric.
The palm is coated with nitrile rubber for better grip and greater strength. Elastic sewn into the base of the wrist ensures a perfect fit.
- Lightweight and sturdy forged aluminium handles with a lifetime guarantee provide for efficient handling no matter the location or task
- A robust and rugged high performance tool with a design that makes it easy to deal comfortably with heavy-duty pruning tasks
- The angled head integrates the tool’s function with your hand for a comfortable cutting action that becomes second nature
- Rely on FELCO proprietary heat treating and hardening know-how to provide you with a long lasting ultra-sharp cutting edge
- Enjoy comfortable and safe pruning with the ergonomic cushioned, non-slip, phthalate-free handle grips*
- The sap groove prevents the blade from sticking and improves cutting efficiency
- The wire cutting notch in the blade provides for every eventuality and avoids the temptation to risk blunting your tool
- Easily adjust the cutting head for a clean and precise cut that promotes quick healing of the pruning wound
- Keep cutting for longer as rubber shock absorbers increase your handling comfort and reduce fatigue
- The quick and easy blade change is safe, secure and ensures you can always get on with the job
- If you value sustainability as much as we do, you’ll want to keep your FELCO in premium condition and minimise waste in using a tool where key parts - from the blade and spring to the smallest screw - are replaceable
- Red handles underline our Swiss heritage while acting as a convenient beacon, so you can always find your FELCO tool in any environment
- Made in Switzerland using 100% renewable energy
*Phthalates are known to be potential endocrine disruptors, FELCO has been producing phthalate-free products since 2015